What is WoolQ?
The WoolQ Portal aims to be a digital hub for the Australian wool industry by delivering information, data, selling choices and trading opportunities to woolgrowers, their agents and other industry professionals in a single online destination.
The functionality within WoolQ will be extensive. Some of the things you will be able to do on WoolQ include:
- Complete and submit a speci.
- Monitor your inventory.
- Use your data for informed decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to maximise grower returns.
- Easily engage directly with the wool industry.
Who can register to be part of WoolQ?
WoolQ portal access is restricted to Australian wool industry participants. Only the following will be eligible to register and access the portal:
- Wool classers.
- Wool brokers.
- Wool buyers / exporters.
When can I start using WoolQ?
WoolQ is now live! Whilst the full WoolQ tool won’t be available until December 2018, key parts of the tool will be released over the next nine months.
Currently, the WoolQ eSpeci and the online network is available and ready to use.
You are able to use the WoolQ eSpeci app and upload a rich profile of your business enterprise to share with the wool industry.
What is the WoolQ eSpeci? What does it do?
The WoolQ eSpeci is an intuitive and easy-to-use ‘app’ that captures in-shed wool data electronically. The eSpeci works when you have an Internet connection as well as when you’re in-shed without an Internet connection and ‘syncs’ easily once you are back online.
The WoolQ eSpeci also digitises the ‘Wool Book’ and allows for ‘virtual’ collaboration between growers, classers, farm managers and brokers. The WoolQ eSpeci allows for electronic submission directly to your broker via an iPhone, iPad or Android device (with a digital signature). Within the WoolQ eSpeci you can attach photos, video and save the eSpeci directly to your WoolQ account providing you with the ability to compare clips year-on-year and much more!
What technology do I need to access WoolQ?
WoolQ supports multiple devices. To use WoolQ, you will need to have a device such as a computer (Windows/Mac), a tablet (iOS/Android), or a Smartphone (iOS/Android).
Some parts of WoolQ require you to have an active Internet connection, whilst others can be used completely offline, letting you get on with your day-to-day tasks. WoolQ will then reconcile the information collected when you get back online.
We don’t have Internet connection in our shed, can we still use WoolQ?
Yes, WoolQ is available to users anywhere, any time. Whether users are in a woolshed or out and about, the WoolQ tool can still be accessed.
For those situations where no Wi-Fi or Internet connection exists, the WoolQ App will also be available so that users can still access and record critical information.
WoolQ can be used on a mobile phone, a tablet, a laptop or desktop computer – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I download the WoolQ app?
Downloading the WoolQ app is easy:
- Visit the “App Store” (iOS) or the “Play Store” (Android).
- Search for “WoolQ” in the search bar.
- Once WoolQ comes up as a result, tap “Get” (iOS) or “Install” (Android) and follow the installation prompts.
What do I do if I forget my password?
Resetting your WoolQ password is easy:
- On the login screen, select “Forgot Password”.
- When prompted, enter the email address linked to your WoolQ account and click/tap the “Send Reset Email” button.
- In a few moments you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- Once you have received the “password reset” email, access the link and when prompted, enter your new password. Please note that there will be some password restrictions outlined on the page.
Will everyone be able to see my personal information?
We understand not everyone wants their details to be seen, so just like other websites and social media profiles, you're able to make your profile information either private or public. This means that:
- Individual woolgrower information will not be identifiable in any aggregated data.
- Users will only be able to see data specific to themselves but are also able to compare/benchmark this against the industry as a whole.
- The content users see on WoolQ will be based on their role within the wool industry. This means that what a woolgrower sees will be different to what a wool buyer or wool classer will see.
- Woolgrowers may provide their agents – ie brokers – with the ability to access information regarding their wool growing enterprise.